BRC change of rules for Flu vaccinations under COVID-19 restrictions.
BRC have confirmed that the 6 months and 21 days rule has been suspended until 30th September 2020. This means horses can compete in Area qualifiers provided their vaccination record is otherwise correct & up to date.
From 1st June until end of September the correct rules must be that horses have had their the 1st& 2nd primary flu injection & 1st booster or their annual 12 month flu booster to compete at any Area competitions.
Any horse that misses the 12 month annual booster date will have to start again from the 1st primary injection.
* Please check your horse passports as failing to comply with BRC rules means elimination from the competitions.
Micro chip reminder
New ruling comes into force as of 1st October 2020 that all horses and ponies must be micro chipped & this should be registered on their passport or number must be known.
All BRC entry forms require the micro chip number per horse entered.
Guidelines for attending OBHRC training Clinics .
Government guidelines must be maintained at all times, especially in respect to maintaining a 2-metre distance from others and regularly washing or sanitising hands.
Anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms even mild, or feeling unwell please stay at home.
Please check you temperature before leaving home.
· Please where possible come on your own, if this isn’t easy as you need help only one other person from your household can come with you. They must stay with your vehicle unless emergency assistance is required.
· Upon arrival please park at least 6 – 10 m away from other vehicles.
· Arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your session, tack up & be ready to ride at lesson time.
· There will be a 15 minute break between each lesson to maintain social distancing.
· Return to your transport straight away after your lesson finishes & leave as soon as you are able to limit the number of people on site at anyone time.
· Please bring all your own riding attire & tack to avoid sharing any equipment.
· Soft face coverings can be worn if you want, but nothing attached to your riding hat.
· Please provide your own anti- bacterial hand gel.
· Looking forward to seeing you all even in these strange times & hope you can still enjoy the training sessions we have organised.